Tonight on Hell's Kitchen 5 chef's compete again. Tuesday night on Sons of Anarchy SAMCRO's future is in the balance. Wednesday night is the Series Premiere of Survivor. Thursday night It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is back with a new episode. Friday night on Haven a teen is missing. Saturday night Justine Timberlake hosts Saturday Night Live. Sunday night it's time for the Emmy Awards.
US television highlights for the week of Sept. 12, 2011. Times are ET, shows are new unless noted as repeats. Tagged for your pleasure: tvtw .
Miss Universe Pageant, special, 2 hrs., 9:00pm, NBC.
Hosted by Natalie Morales from NBC's Today and Andy Cohen from BRAVO's Watch What Happens: Live, a special ceremony sees contestants from 90 countries competing in swimsuit, evening gown, and interview categories to win.
Hell's Kitchen, 5 Chef's Compete Again. 9:00pm, Fox.
In the most intense challenge and elimination to date, the remaining five chefs must prove that they have the sharpest skills, unwavering determination, and utmost passion in order to survive the round and remain in the competition.
The Closer, Fresh Pursuit. 9:00pm, TNT.
Brenda anxiously awaits the verdict from a judge who is contemplating dropping all of the charges made against her, while the rest of the squad thoroughly investigates the tragic murder of a deputy sheriff who was shot to death.
Rizzoli & Isles, Remember Me. 10:00pm, TNT.
Jane and Maura look into the brutal murder of a prison inmate, which unfortunately took place on the day before his release, but in order to get their much needed clue they must first talk with a serial killer; Frankie Jr. takes the detectives exam.
Pawn Stars, High Stakes. 10:00pm, History.
The customers' items available for purchase after appraisal include a rare percussion pistol from the 1830s, a signed copy of the famed Bram Stoker's "Dracula," and a Penn State Orange Bowl championship ring from their undefeated season in 1973. Note: another new episode at 10:30pm.
Weeds, Une Mere Que J'aimerias B****. 10:05pm, SHO.
Nancy decides to follow Doug and Andy on their trip to East Hampton for the weekend in an attempt to further expand her business and get her name out there; Silas is still reeling from the business fallout but wants to make things right with Emma.
The Big C, Fight or Flight. 10:30pm, SHO.
Cathy has to weigh her options on the decision she is soon going to have to make after having a long dinner with Dr. Sherman and an argument with Lee; Andrea is beginning to fall harder for Myk and decides to pursue her interests.
- - - - -
Frontline, The Interrogator. PBS, check local listings for time.
An Arabic-speaking agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation reveals the reasons he believes the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center were preventable and how using torture to gain actionable intelligence failed.
Jacqueline Kennedy: In Her Own Words, ABC News special, 2 hrs., 9:00pm, ABC.
Some of the most candid conversations ever shared by Jacqueline Kennedy are put into perspective by historians and experts who accompany daughter Caroline Kennedy during the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy Administration.
Ringer, Pilot. 9:00pm, CW.
* Series Premiere * A recovering addict witnesses a murder and flees federal protection in order to save herself, but when an interesting twist of fate leads to an identity alteration, she is forced to keep up a charade where she is married to a wealthy, handsome man.
Sons of Anarchy, Booster. 10:00pm, FX.
In a desperate and critical moment in the organization's existence, the head members of the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club discuss potential plans for a move that could drastically affect the future of the long standing club.
- - - - -
Survivor: South Pacific, I Need Redemption. 8:00pm, CBS.
* Season Premiere * The 18 castaways arrive to the south Pacific and are split into two tribes of nine people, the Savaii Tribe and the Upolu Tribe, while 16 of the contestants are new, two are former castaways who have returned for redemption. Jeff Probst hosts. 1½ hrs.
America's Next Top Model, Nicki Minaj. 9:00pm, CW.
* Season Premiere * In the first ever all-star edition, former participants are brought back for a second chance at winning the competition; 23 year old Allison Harvard of Houston was a runner-up during Cycle 12, but returns as the "most-improved" from her class.
Necessary Roughness, Goal Line. 10:00pm, USA.
As the Hawks enter the playoffs, T.K. must prepare to compete against his rival, a talented cornerback who is looking to shut him down on the field; Nico finds himself facing the difficult decision of where his loyalties lie.
Up All Night, Pilot. 10:00pm, Fox.
* Series Premiere * Reagan Brinkley, determined not to compromise her career or cool reputation to motherhood, adjusts to life with a baby and returns to work with support from Chris, her stay-at-home husband, and tends to endless needs of her talk-show-host boss.
Free Agents, Pilot. 10:30pm, USA.
* Series Premiere * Newly-divorced Alex and emotional Helen, who lost her fiance a year ago, are co-workers who end up in bed together and afterward try to sort out their casual and beautifully awkward relationship in their office of crazy colleagues.
- - - - -
The Vampire Diaries, The Birthday, 8:00pm, CW.
* Season Premiere * Caroline plans Elena's party while Elena obsesses over finding Stefan; Damon attempts to shield Elena from anything that would draw the attention of Klaus; Stefan and Klaus trail a werewolf while Alaric struggles to digest grief over Jenna's death.
The Secret Circle, Pilot, 9:00pm, CW.
* Series Premiere * Recently orphaned teenager Cassie moves to her grandmother's home in a small town; amidst tragedy and unfamiliar surroundings she begins to learn that the residents seem to know more about her than Cassie knows about herself.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Frank's Pretty Woman, 10:00pm, FX.
Frank is determined to go through with marrying a prostitute, so instead of being negative about the situation the gang attempts to help him out by giving his future wife a makeover in order to hide the working-girl look that she clearly gives off.
Archer, Heart of Archness: Part I, 10:30pm, FX.
Archer hits rock bottom after the death of his fiancée, but when the brave and talented Rip Riley manages to track him down it is up to him to conquer the environment in order to return the mediocre agent back to the former life he once knew at ISIS.
- - - - -
Haven, Who, What, Where, Wendigo?. 10:00pm, Syfy.
A search party is put together to locate a local teen who has gone missing in Haven's woods while a murderer is on the loose, and during their search the group discovers evidence to support the existence of a supernatural creature.
Real Time with Bill Maher, 10:00pm, HBO.
Scheduled guests: Dexter Filkins, Louis C.K., Keith Olbermann, Rich Galen and Jennifer Donahue.
- - - - -
Saturday Night Live, Repeat from May. 11:30pm, NBC.
Musician-turned-actor Justin Timberlake hosts and musician Lady Gaga performs.
- - - - -
60 Minutes. 7:00pm ET, CBS.
Scheduled: the story of Dakota Meyer, a soldier denied help for his ambushed unit took matters into his own hand and earned a medal of honor; the latest "spy-cam" techniques used by wildlife filmmakers; an interview with Jerry Jones.
The 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards, special, 3 hrs., 8:00pm, Fox.
Live from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California, Jane Lynch is the host of the eco-friendly and carbon-neutral gala which will present awards to well-known participants from the entertainment industry, honoring their excellence.
Sunday Night Football, Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons. 8:15pm, NBC.
Philadelphia has won the last four meetings, including a 31-17 win in Week 6 last season, as Jeremy Maclin led the Eagles with 159 yards on seven receptions, including two touchdowns; Michael Turner had 45 of Atlanta's 65 total rushing yards.
Breaking Bad, Salud. 10:00pm, AMC.
Walt's family becomes extremely agitated and worried when he fails to show up for Walter, Jr.'s 16th birthday party, and Jesse finds himself being forced into a situation where he must put his laboratory skills to the test without Walt.